Monday, September 14, 2009

Single ladies

Single. Yes this is the word I use when people ask me if I'm attached. I am single and proud of it. But judging by their mortified look (usually accompanied with a hint of suspicion dying to ask "Are you lesbian?"), I wonder what's wrong with women being single in their 20s in this time and age. Next question or rather next judgement, "Must be expectations too high right." Noticed how it was phrased as a statement. But if it happens it will happen, right? Single women, pledge with me -
We, the liberal women of Singapore. Pledge ourselves to find that perfect husband. Regardless of race, language or religion. To build that flawless penthouse of our dreams. Based on exquisite location with wise investment. So as to achieve happiness, prosperity and commitment for our children. Some of you may prefer the last sentence to be in this way - So as to achieve hapiness, properity and endless affairs with 3rd parties (usually richer 3rd parties).

Maybe its the generation we are in today. Single/Attached/Married individuals date Single/Attached/Married people. Why can't people commit to that special someone these days? Maybe I'm too old-fashioned, so old-fashioned perspective ladies like me can't find that old-fashioned Mr Right. So, what does it take for a man to commit? A super nice guy friend (married, not gay) offered this - "It is the will to let go of all lust and temptations and be faithful to one. It is not easy but can be done." Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment