Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas

My favorite time of the year. Although I'm not a Christian, I love the ambiance of it. Somehow a peaceful presence can be felt amidst the dazzling lights and the rushing crowds. It will be better if I could spend it somewhere else, somewhere away from this city and be at a quiet cottage overlooking the mountains or ocean, lost in nature. It would even be better, if I am with people I love, but I will not mind if I am alone. Peace is something we hardly can get enough of in this time and age. One year ago, exactly this moment, the feeling was far from peaceful. The air was tense, and everything was incoherent. Days were muddled, filled with unsolved and missing puzzles. But throughout the agony, there is always one source of hope. This source helps you find strength to cope with a loss, and to help you stand firm on your feet. This source of hope heals the hole in your heart and shows you that you do have the ability to overcome your fears once again. This year, my source of hope will not be here with me on Christmas, but I will like to thank her for making me feel tranquil, at ease, and no longer lonely. Jasmin Khoo, may your Christmas be full of love and peace. And hopfully next Christmas you will spend it with me, and with the other special someone that only has you in his heart. Ho Ho Ho!~


No comments:

Post a Comment